Saturday, November 6, 2010

a note for Addy...

My sweet little girl,


This post is so late because every time I sat down to write it I was unable to find the words to explain just how much we love you. I can hardly believe we had your first birthday a couple weeks ago. This year has just flown by and your Daddy and I have loved every precious second of it. You’ve brought such joy to our lives. We never could have imagined just how much we would love you and how much you would bring to our lives. You’re such a great baby (and that’s not bias-everyone says so!). I love how curious and observant you are, watching you discover the world is one of the most amazing things I’ve ever experienced. I love how you prefer all your books spread out on the floor so you can sit in the middle and read them all. You get so offended when I put them up haha. You can sit back there for an hour, flip through them and “read” them to yourself. I love the way your eyes light up and you say “Mmm” when you eat something new. You are such a sweet, cuddly girl. You’ll just come over and hug and kiss all over us and it’s the sweetest thing. Your favorite game is chase, and just by saying “I’m gonna get you”, you’ll turn and run off laughing hysterically. And now you’re starting to realize you can get us too =) I look forward to every morning…your smile is such a great way to start the day! You’re such a mischievous little girl. One of your favorite games is offering us a bite then pulling it away…you do it over and over and think it’s the funniest thing in the world. This afternoon you did it to Daddy and after a few times you popped it in your mouth and said “Mmm” =) Daddy has been dancing with you and I love watching the two of you waltz around the living room. You’ll lay your head down and hum softly along. I’m filled with such love at moments like this. You are the best part of us and have made our lives so much better. We love you so SO much, sweet girl.

Love you always,

Mommy and Daddy

PS: Score one for mom and dad….we made it through the first year without any injuries or you getting sick (runny noses don’t count!)!!

1 comment:

  1. Addy, you are such a lucky little girl to have a mommy and daddy that love each other so much. That love flows over on you, and you are blessed. You are a special blessing to your Pappy and Gida. We love you!

    ReplyDelete